I have another great Veggie Nerd Video for you all today.
I hope you enjoy!
~ Important info about using raw garlic ~
Make sure that when using garlic in a dish, that it is properly cooked. Its rare, but it has been found that raw garlic can potentially harbor bacteria that could cause food poisoning. The reasoning behind the long cook time, Use of lime/lemon (as an acid), and refrigeration is to stave off harmful bacteria.
● 2 to 3 - Cups - Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
● 4 to 5 - Whole Heads - Garlic Cloves
● Juice from one Lemon/Lime (Either works fine)
Ingredients - Super Simple Garlic Bread
● Garlic Infused Olive Oil, or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
● Garlic Powder (If not using Infused Olive OIl)
● Italian Seasoning (Basil, Oregano, Thyme, and Parsley)
● Vegan Friendly Bread (Be sure to read the ingredients list, and find a bread that does not use milk, eggs, etc. Most french breads are vegan friendly)
(Click here to browse the site, and check out more videos by me)
(If reading this from the main page click "Read More" For full steps)
Directions - Garlic Infused Olive Oil / Roasted Garlic
1. Using the broad side of a knife press your garlic. (Using a knife is dangerous please be cautious, if you’re under 18, please have adult supervision) Try not to press too hard, and only crack the cloves. (Not completely mashed) Remove all the papery skin, and and green parts of the cloves.
2. Toss Cloves in your lemon/lime juice, and allow to sit for about 5 - 10
3. Drain Cloves, and layer them on the bottom of a 10 inch Skillet, with just enough oil to cover most of your cloves. Heat on medium until your oil begins to bubble, Reduce heat to low, and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, add the rest of your oil and allow an additional 5 minutes to simmer. Now cut the heat and allow oil to cool.
5. Once cooled use a slotted spoon to remove garlic cloves in a jar. with a kitchen funnel: pour olive oil into separate jar. Seal and refrigerate till used.
(Infused Olive Oil/garlic will last 3 to 4 months, and cloves can still be used for cooking)
How to make it: Super Simple Garlic Bread
1. If needed cut your bread in half long ways, making a top half, and a bottom half.
2. Preheat Broiler, or Preheat oven to 350Degrees F’
3. Carefully brush a nice layer of your infused Olive Oil, or Extra Virgin Olive Oil onto the top and bottom half of your bread
4. (Skip if using infused Oil) Lightly Sprinkle your bread with Garlic Powder
5. One by one lightly sprinkle with your Italian seasoning. I like to start with the basil, and oregano. (I also prefer to use less Thyme then I do the other three seasoning)
6. Set under broiler until top becomes golden, or bake in oven until golden (This should only take a few minutes seeing as we are using fresh, un-frozen bread)
(This goes well served next to most pasta dishes, and soups.)
I hope you enjoyed ~ Your friend TheVeggieNerd (Eric)